Sunday, May 4, 2014

Showcase

I would love for everyone in the school and the community to understand the other people in the community that have and intellectual or developmental disability. I think having a play or something that would let people with disabilities showcase their talents would help them become more accepted and appreciated.

There are some plays that star only people who have some sort of disability. I think this is great. The only ones I have known of star only adults though. I want to change that. I want to have a play in the Cedar Rapids community that would star kids, and teenagers. I think this would help with the community accepting the people who have disabilities more. It would also give them an opportunity to show off some of their talent. It might help us find someone with talent that could end up being another big time actor, like Lauren Potter, or Jim Parsons.

If those actors were not given a chance to show off their talent, they would have never developed it and pursued their dreams. I think it is so great we have those two actors breaking stereotypes for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. If someone had not given them a chance, they might have never been discovered and two very popular TV shows might not be on, or as good. I think everyone around here know who Sheldon Cooper from the Big Bang Theory is. Most people, however, do not know that he has Asperger’s. I do not think people will ever look at him differently because of it, because of what a huge star he is now, but before then I think everyone would have.

Some other way to let someone with a disability showcase their talent is with letting them have a talent show and inviting the whole community. I think this would benefit everyone. It could raise money for those who create it, by charging admission. Having a talent show can also showcase the talents of the people with disabilities. This can help also help the people in community, by providing entertainment, and showing them you do not have to be disability free to have a talent.


Having a local sports team for people with disabilities can also help showcase their talent. If everyone with a disability had something they could do and wanted to do, it would create a much better community for them to live in. I think that more people would go to see this if it was a sports team for the city. I think if more cities did this people could go watch them and enjoy it. I think everyone deserves a chance to show off their talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment